CORONAVIRUS SAFETY POLICY
KEEPING YOU SAFE FROM CORONAVIRUS
We have put rigid safety protocols in place to protect our customers and our staff from Coronavirus. These safety protocols are based on Covid-19 guidance from the UK Government and our local authority, and we have adapted them in the best way possible for The White Hart.
This process has been very challenging given that we have had to adapt to a 21st Century safety health hazard in a 17th Century public house. We feel, however, that we have created a highly effective Safety Policy to suit our great pub and we ask every customer, visiting The White Hart, that they adhere strictly to our Safety Policy.
We are reopening in a restricted way with fewer tables and fewer customers being permitted at any one time. This is also to allow everyone to get used to the new 'normal'
Please call us today on 01373 836324 for more information on our Coronavirus Safety Policy.
PLEASE WEAR A FULL FACE MASK WHEN ARRIVING, LEAVING & DURING YOUR VISIT, EXCEPT FOR WHEN SEATED AT A TABLE, EATING AND DRINKING.
CORONAVIRUS SAFETY POLICY SUMMARY
- We are asking that only customers who are in good health and who have been symptoms-free for the previous 7 days to their visit, enter the White Hart. Anyone worried about their health are advised to stay away.
- We will operate a one way system; entry is by the front door and exit is by the side door.
- Customers are asked to abide strictly by our Coronavirus Safety Policy and to act in a responsible way that protects the safety of not just themselves but also protects the safety of other customers and of our staff, too.
- Customers are asked to keep to a physical 2 metre distancing rule throughout the whole pub, where possible, during their visit.
- Customers must wear full face masks when arriving, leaving and during their visit and especially when moving around the pub including visiting the toilet, except when seated, eating and drinking.
- Customers must wear their masks in the proper fashion, i.e. covering their mouth and nose and not under their nose or chin.
- Customers are asked not to raise their voices, to shout or to sing.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in public areas and in the toilets, and customers are encouraged to use these frequently.
- Customers are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer with them for their own personal use.
- We shall be using a rigid cleaning regime including using cleaning chemicals that are highly effective against Coronavirus.
- Use of toilets will be on a 'one in, one out' basis and an area outside the main internal toilet door has been kept clear as a waiting area for customers.
- Toilets will be cleaned and sterilised on a regular basis while the pub is open; this will require closing the toilets to allow this.
- Customers are asked to be respectful and tolerant of the need for staff to clean and sanitize tables and all public areas.
- Customers who fall ill or who display symptoms during their visit will be asked to leave the White Hart along with other members of their group.
ARRANGEMENTS FOR CUSTOMERS
- Customers are asked to sign in on arrival, leaving their a Full Name and Contact Number. This is a UK Government requirement in the event that a customer falls ill and contact tracing is required to contact other customers.
- Customers are asked to pre-book tables prior to arrival for a 2 hour stay due to restrictions in numbers; we are asking that people are not offended if we are fully booked and we cannot allow admission.
- We will be asking customers to order using What's App Messenger, the contact number will be available on entry.
- We would encourage contactless credit card payment for transactions less than £45 and would discourage the use of cash.
- On arrival, customers will be asked to wait in the entrance, before being allocated a table and will be asked to remain seated as much as possible.
- No sitting at the bar or standing or vertical drinking inside the pub can be permitted.
- Inside the pub, food and drink will be brought to the table in a safe way. For tables in the beer garden, customers will be asked to collect their orders from a collection point.
- All sanitised plates, cutlery, glasses and other tableware will be delivered to the public in a safe manner.
- In accordance with guidelines, no group greater than 6 persons and no groups forming more than 2 bubbles following Social Distancing Rules can be accepted.
- For customers eating or drinking with other customers of different households (and who are not in their support bubble), should keep to the wider guidance on group sizes, namely up to two households inside the pub, and up to either two households or six people from more than two households outdoors, as dictated by Government Guidance updated 24th September 2020.